[SciPy-dev] scipy via svn

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Aug 17 02:58:43 CDT 2005

Nils Wagner wrote:

>I thought that it is already possible to use Numeric3 within scipy (due
>to a previous mail by Travis 08/10/2005)

scipy.base is just Numeric + old scipy_base.    The array object and
ufuncs + methods are defined and working.    We still need to construct
a matrix sub-class, and add all the functionality of Numeric + MLab +
old  scipy_base.  Then, scipy_core needs to be updated to include
bare-bones, C-only versions of linalg, fft, and random.

Don't expect to be able to just build scipy with the new array object
for a few weeks at least.

Getting a release of scipy out based on the old build is part of that
process.    I fixed a few bugs but could not commit because I didn't
have password information (now I've forgotten it and can't find the
email...)

-Travis