[SciPy-dev] Problems with Scipy and Fedora Core 4

Ravikiran Rajagopal ravi at ati.com
Wed Aug 17 15:15:17 CDT 2005

Hi Greg,
  Attached is a patch to Scipy CVS from just before the subversion conversion
that lets you compile with gcc 4.0 and gfortran (no need for compat-gcc*).
Note, however, that there are problems with the special functions module
which I guess are gfortran-related. Please make sure you have the gcc updates
from a couple of weeks ago (at least version 4.0.1-4) since Hollerith
constant support was absent in earlier versions of gfortran.
  Where did you get your ATLAS libraries? Did you build them with the same gcc
and gfortran that you used to build scipy? To make ATLAS use gfortran, you
will need to maually edit the top level Makefile after configuration; the
Makefile should be called Makefile.arch. where 'arch' is a name like
'Linux_ATHLONSSE1'.
  Hope this helps.

Ravi