[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-user] segfault in scipy.random.standard_normal

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 22:43:59 CST 2005

> After the records module is ported (and improved IMHO), the C-API
> changes will settle down.   Then, the only changes I can forsee in the
> future are additions to ease the porting of numarray extensions like
> nd_image and PyTables.
>
> I'd love it if somebody started thinking about a good way to ease the
> numarray transition.

I don't have any great ideas in that regard, but I would like to make sure
that the sorts I added to numarray come over. There was a faster quicksort,
heapsort (guaranteed), and merge sort (stable). I use the merge sort myself
for several things, so that is probably the one I am most interested in.

-Travis