[SciPy-dev] more 64 Bit testing

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Thu Dec 8 03:58:35 CST 2005

Travis Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> writes:

> Arnd Baecker wrote:
>
>>Hi David,
>>

>>yes there is - from man icc
>>  -std=c99 Enable C99 support for C programs
>>

> http://cache-www.intel.com/cd/00/00/22/23/222301_222301.pdf
>
> This document gives some of the compatibility issues between the icc
> compiler and gcc.
>
> In particular, note that nested functions are not supported.   So, it
> looks like icc can't be used to build the fitpackmodule.c unless f2py is
> changed to not use nested functions.

The problem isn't f2py generating a nested function per se; it's that
fitpack.pyf uses a "usercode" directive inside of a subroutine
declaration to insert some definitions for functions that it uses when
initializing some variables. I've moved those functions to
module-level functions instead. It's revision 1479. Works for me with
gcc (but then, it worked for me before :-)