[SciPy-dev] more 64 Bit testing

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Dec 8 02:58:54 CST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

>Arnd Baecker wrote:
>

>>Hi David,
>>

>>yes there is - from man icc
>> -std=c99 Enable C99 support for C programs
>>

>http://cache-www.intel.com/cd/00/00/22/23/222301_222301.pdf
>
>This document gives some of the compatibility issues between the icc
>compiler and gcc.
>
>In particular, note that nested functions are not supported.   So, it
>looks like icc can't be used to build the fitpackmodule.c unless f2py is
>

>changed to not use nested functions.

Actually, it's not f2py here that's using nested functions.  It's the
"user code" in the actual .pyf file.
This should be changed so that a nested function is not used.   Either a
module-level function should be
defined or the calculation written as a big macro.

I'd like to figure out why you are getting errors also in the scipy core
after compiling with icc.   This will require a bit of detective work,
however, and may not happen for awhile.

-Travis