[SciPy-dev] fft segfault, 64 Bit Opteron

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Dec 9 12:05:30 CST 2005

Arnd Baecker wrote:

>Hi Travis,
>
>one more addition - the build log gives:
>
>In file included from build/src/scipy/base/src/umathmodule.c:8036:
>scipy/base/src/ufuncobject.c: In function `PyUFunc_GenericFunction':
>scipy/base/src/ufuncobject.c:1569: warning: passing arg 2 of pointer to
>function from incompatible pointer type
>gcc -pthread -shared
>build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.4/build/src/scipy/base/src/umathm

Thanks much for this testing.

Could you send the entire build log again.  Perhaps there is something
else.
I've made a fix which should work better on 64-bit.

More 64-bit testing needed.

One trick to test the buffered section of code using smaller arrays is
to set the buffer size to something very small (but a multiple of 16 ---
16 is the smallest).   For arrays smaller than the buffer size, array's
are just copied when a cast is needed.  But, for larger arrays, the
buffered code is exercised.

For example:

scipy.setbufsize(16)
scipy.test(1,1)

At some-point we might play with different buffer sizes to see if some
numbers are better than others.

-Travis