[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-user] Benchmark data

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Dec 9 16:23:42 CST 2005

Robert Kern wrote:

>When we start to seriously look at this, we should consider using liboil
>to implement these optimizations.

Hey, great find, that looks just like the kind of thing we'll want at
some point.

One way this could be done is just like the dotblas extension module so
that if liboil is found on your system, an extension module is loaded
that replaces the respective inner-loops of the affected functions.

Alternatively, at compile time, the right functions could be inserted in
the ufunc function table to begin with...

-Travis