[SciPy-dev] *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x403931d8 ***

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Sat Dec 17 01:42:28 CST 2005

Nils Wagner wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am using the latest svn versions.
>python setup.py install works fine in core
>but the same in scipy results in
>  *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer:
>0x403931d8 ***

I found a stray use of the free function (instead of _pya_free) which
could be the cause of this.  I've fixed it in SVN.  I'd like some more
tests on the use of the Python memory allocator to see if it makes any
kind of difference (small array tests would be the most useful---I don't
expect any difference on large array tests).   Changing the
PyArray_USE_PYMEM constant in arrayobject.h  switches which allocator is
used.

-Travis