[SciPy-dev] Links in MoinMoin

Mark Koudritsky kamrik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 08:21:50 CST 2005

Moin supports spaces in links out of the box, almost in the same way
as Wikipedia.

Wikipedia style link:
[[World Trade Organization]]

The same link in Moin  format:
["World Trade Organization"]

CamelCase is just a kind of syntactic sugar to avoid typing the [" and
"]. As well as a tradition carried over from the first wiki
implementations. Most of the modern wiki implementations have some
syntax for free text links that include spaces.

CamelCase makes sense for wikis that are mostly social gathering and
discussion places where external appearance is less important than
ease of editing. But I definitely agree that on a site that is a
public face of a project one shouldn't use CamelCase.