[SciPy-dev] Scipy.org

Mark Koudritsky kamrik at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:42:45 CST 2005

> For the
> remaining tabs, why not combine Andrew's list and mine, and try to
> subset a few into one tab.  For example What Is, Getting Started, and
> Screenshots go under Introduction; Cookbook goes under Docs (maybe
> call it "Help"?).  The listing of additional software (which
> shouldn't be called "Topical" anymore) should be a top-level
> navigation item.

I've put another layout suggestion which kind of combines the 2 posted before
http://new.scipy.org/Wiki/KickTheTires#head-f5563b4dbc8608e9b6e69fc4de501559a77bb981

I think the main page should create an impression that this site
represents a "tool called SciPy" rather than a mix of interrelated
software pieces. The impression of a "mix" is very confusing for
newbies, at least it was for me. When I first found SciPy, it took me
a lot of time to figure out the relation between numeric, numpy,
"numeric python", numarray and SciPy.

On the other hand we do have to show that scipy_core is a separately
usable library to convince the developers of other tools for
scientific computing on Python to switch to it. So I think that
scipy_core should have a top level navigation item too.