[SciPy-dev] scipy.pkgload (was Re: Moving random.py)

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Sat Dec 31 18:10:19 CST 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have implemented hooks for scipy.pkgload(..) following the idea of
>Fernando's scipy.mod_load(..) functions with few modifications. It's doc
>string is given below.

Hi Pearu,

This is great. I've made a few changes to allow the new system to work
with setuptools. Basically, the new patches don't assume that the
package __path__ variable contains only a single directory, but rather
searches all directories in __path__ for subpackages and modules. This
allows scipy_core and full scipy to both exist as .eggs without any
other changes. I hope you can commit this patch or something similar
before the release this coming week.

Cheers!
Andrew