[SciPy-dev] Renaming scipy_core ???

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sat Dec 31 19:12:33 CST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Fernando brings up an interesting point that might be worth some
> discussion.  It's might be too late to have this discussion, but with a
> more stable release coming up, it might not be.

Thanks for considering this :)

> Here is what he says:

[...]

> I'm ambivalent at this point, and mostly concerned with "moving forward"
> and having people view scipy_core as relatively stable....

I realize that I should have said this before, my bad.  I hesitated for quite
a while, afraid of sticking my foot in my mouth (I've been pretty good at that
lately :)

But if we end up deciding that it's the right technical decision, I think the
pain may be worth enduring: it's once, as opposed to carrying the problem
forward for a long time to come.  Because what _is_ certain is that once 1.0
comes out, we should really clamp things down, and move forward only with
higher level algorithmic/library enhancements as well as internal
optimizations, but on top of a stable API.

Happy new year to all!