[SciPy-dev] distutils sprint at pycon

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Feb 1 00:35:06 CST 2005

Hi all,

I just saw this:

http://www.mechanicalcat.net/richard/log/Python/Distutils_sprinting_at_PyCon

I won't be going to pycon, but if anyone with distutils experience here is
going it might be worth mentioning scipy's trials and tribulations in this
area.  Most of us here who have distributed packages have our list of things
to hate about distutils, but scipy probably has the longest.  It would be
great if some of the (major) improvements which scipy has made to distutils
were folded into the core.

Even if the scipy/distutils gurus aren't going to PyCon, it might be worth
getting in touch with the sprint people.

Just a thought.

Regards,