[SciPy-dev] install problems, SUSE, check_heev

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Feb 4 05:56:18 CST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Nils Wagner wrote:

> Nils Wagner wrote:
>
> > Pearu Peterson wrote:

> >> Yes. That would answer the question, was it compiler optimization bug
> >> or -fno-f2c bug, and scipy_distutils may be needing the corresponding
> >> patch.

So from the other e-mails the answer is that it is
a compiler optimization bug.
And for my setup (Suse 9.2, gcc version 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809)
the same is true, i.e. only "-fno-f2c" has to be omitted
in the OPTS in the make.inc (from INSTALL/make.inc.LINUX)
for LAPACK.

Great - many thanks for all the help!

And to Nils question:

> > How can I enforce it not to use the standard libraries liblapack.a and
> > libblas.a living in /usr/lib ?

In my case it seems to be enough to do
  export LAPACK=/opt/python/lib/libflapack.a
and the corresponding one for BLAS
before compiling scipy.

Best,

Arnd