[SciPy-dev] CVS scipy.test() segfaulting on me on a Fedora2 box

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Fri Jan 7 20:28:50 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 16:58 -0600, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Todd Miller wrote:
>
> > Can anyone confirm that using -O2 for lapack fixes this?
> >  I thought I'd worked around this (crash in ATL_cdotc_xp0yp0aXbX ())
> > using Pearu's advice but I'm seeing it again.
> > Was the scipy ATLAS ever  re-built?
>
> No. Rebuilding all scipy ATLAS libraries is a rather time consuming task
> and I was hoping that someone could confirm that the proposed fix works
> before I'd spend time on it. Otherwise its just a waste my time if it
> turns out that using -O2 does not fix the issue.

Sorry Pearu.  I think I panicked here and then saw that this was still
an open issue while I was looking for hints.  SciPy's head built fine
for me today and all the tests passed.  If I recall correctly,  there is
some important update to the head that's missing from the numarray
branch so when I built the numarray branch, it failed.  I'll resolve it
Monday morning and report back but I think this was just confusion on my
part.

Regards,
Todd