[SciPy-dev] Merged numarray branch

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Mon Jan 17 18:18:50 CST 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> Could you be a more specific on where exactly scipy test crashes?
> For example, try
>   scipy.test(verbosity=10)

Here are the last few lines of that output:

check_basic (scipy_base.index_tricks.test_index_tricks.test_grid) ... ok
check_nd (scipy_base.index_tricks.test_index_tricks.test_grid) ... ok
check_gebal (scipy.lib.lapack.test_lapack.test_flapack_complex) ... ok
check_heev
(scipy.lib.lapack.test_lapack.test_flapack_complex)Segmentation fault

> If scipy.test dies while testing scipy.linalg or scipy.lib.lapack then
> what compiler version are you using? If its pre gcc 3.3.3 then note that
> lapack library (that are used for completing atlas lapack) must be
> compiled with -O2 (not with -O3) flag due to a compiler bug.

That certainly seems like must what be happening.  However, I'm using
gcc 3.4.2 on FC3.  Just to be safe, anyway, I recompiled LAPACK with -O2
instead of -O3.  No change in the above behavior.