[SciPy-dev] Python (Enthought Edition) for Windows test release

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Wed Jan 19 03:19:43 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 09:28 +0100, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> that's fantastic - many thanks!!!
>
> I am only wondering whether the latest changes
> (scipy CVS, 5 days ago) concerning scipy.xplt (thanks Travis!)
> made it into the enthought edition?
> (there were a couple of bugs, some of them specifically
> for Windows...).
> I don't have Windows, so I can't check this myself,
> but I will ask one of my co-workers to go through
> our list of points.

SciPy is the latest released version (0.3.2), which is actually quite
old at this point.  I prefer to stick to released versions when it
works.  But if there are problems that effect folks, I will roll forward
to CVS.  I have a build recipe for both, and have done some interim
releases over the past year that were CVS versions.

> BTW: would it be possible to make a scipy CVS snapshot of
> the version which enters into the enthought edition?
> This would allow for some consistency across platforms
> (I am thinking of packages for debian and others).

Since I'm currently on a release version, there is already a snapshot on
the website (this consistency is the reason I like to use releases
rather than CVS--when there are dozens of packages included, it becomes
really difficult to maintain sanity with bug reports, upstream fixes,
etc.).

I'll need to track down who is handling the SciPy releases these days
and see what the likelihood of a new release is.