[SciPy-dev] Python (Enthought Edition) for Windows test release

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Jan 19 04:02:28 CST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Joe Cooper wrote:

> I'll need to track down who is handling the SciPy releases these days
> and see what the likelihood of a new release is.

I guess one person would be me:).

I think we have agreed to release Scipy on a half-yearly basis, at least.
0.3.2 was released on October 2004, so formally the next release should
be around April 2005. But I am not saying that we could not make the
next release earlier than that.

I think the current SciPy in CVS has the same functionality as in 0.3.2
plus many bug fixes and new features and so would be appropiate replacing
0.3.2 in Enthought Edition if all tests pass ok.

However, there are too many unfinished tasks in SciPy CVS (e.g.
creating Lib/lib, numarray support, doc updates, etc.) that I would not
recommend making a new Scipy release in early future.

Pearu