[SciPy-dev] Python (Enthought Edition) for Windows test release

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Jan 19 04:20:49 CST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Joe Cooper wrote:
>
> > I'll need to track down who is handling the SciPy releases these days
> > and see what the likelihood of a new release is.
>
> I guess one person would be me:).
>
> I think we have agreed to release Scipy on a half-yearly basis, at least.
> 0.3.2 was released on October 2004, so formally the next release should
> be around April 2005. But I am not saying that we could not make the
> next release earlier than that.
>
> I think the current SciPy in CVS has the same functionality as in 0.3.2
> plus many bug fixes and new features and so would be appropiate replacing
> 0.3.2 in Enthought Edition if all tests pass ok.

In view of this, I think it would be good if the upcoming enthought
edition could benefit from all the bug fixes!
(Jow, if you would need any additional testers then, just let us know.)

> However, there are too many unfinished tasks in SciPy CVS (e.g.
> creating Lib/lib, numarray support, doc updates, etc.) that I would not
> recommend making a new Scipy release in early future.

Would it be possible/reasonable to make a 0.3.3. bugfix snapshot
(without calling this a "release", because of the unfinished tasks)
- well maybe this is just semantics ;-). Or maybe an internal-only 0.3.3
tag would make Joe more happy concerning his consistency argument?

Best,

Arnd