[SciPy-dev] Python (Enthought Edition) for Windows test release

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 28 12:42:51 CST 2005

Joe Cooper wrote:
> Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>> 4. The chm docs are amazing.  However some of the docs like IPython,
>>    elmer, SWIG etc. are not part of it.  Would be awesome if these
>>    could also be integrated.
>

> Sure would.  I have little clue how to make it happen...but I'll look
> into it.

As for ipython, you only get html and pdf from me.  I don't know if that html
is enough for you to make a .chm out of it or not.  If there's anything I can
do from linux to make the process easier, I'd love to help.  But the sources
from the manual are in lyx, so I'm limited to formats I can export from lyx
(html, latex, postscript, pdf, docbook).

> Given my experience with distutils, I believe it would be possible to
> abandon distutils for a ball of twine and some used chewing gum.  (OK, I
> exaggerate, but distutils strikes me as being incredibly fragile...see

You exaggerate, but only a tiny, tiny bit.  Distutils is easily the worst part
of the python standard toolset, by a very long shot.

Cheers,