[SciPy-dev] gplt suggestion: initcmd

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Sat Jul 16 11:20:29 CDT 2005

    Fernando> OK, I have a concrete suggestion which can be
    Fernando> implemented in very little time.
    Fernando>   It's a bit brutal, but I really can't spend the time
    Fernando>   it would take to build
    Fernando> a proper deprecation framework:

+1

I don't have the time for gui_thread (or plt) anymore since I use
ipython -wthread and it works fine.  I doubt anyone would be
interested in touching those beasts.  I don't know anything about
{g,x}plt to comment about those.  I believe some folks do use xplt and
quite like it.  Likewise with gplt.  So maybe gui_thread, plt can be
commented out and the rest left alone and the tutorial etc. point to
matplotlib.  With all due respect to John, graceplot-using-old-fogies
like me aren't affected anyways... :-)

cheers,
prabhu