[SciPy-dev] SciPy.org server migration tonight

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Mon Jun 20 20:30:17 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I've been threatening a server migration of SciPy.org for a couple of
weeks now, and tonight's the night on which at least some services will
move (whether they like it or not).

I will be shutting down CVS access in a few minutes, as the cvs2svn
conversion takes a while to process and I will definitely move SciPy to
Subversion tonight.  Throughout the evening, other services will
probably disappear for a bit, hopefully to reappear on the new server
soon after.

I'm certain there will be issues, as we're moving to much newer versions
of all software, removing a bunch of old users, switching from CVS to
Subversion, and a couple dozen other changes that don't come to mind
right now.  Please let me know if you see any such problems in the
coming days.

I'll notify the list when things are back to sanity as best as I can figure.

Thanks!