[SciPy-dev] scipy.org and numarray

Mark Koudritsky kamrik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 02:18:52 CST 2005

Speaking of outdated content on the site, here is another one:

http://www.scipy.org/documentation/FAQ.html#contrib
It is a question in FAQ:  "I'd like to contribute code/time/other to
SciPy. How can I get involved?"

A citation from there:

"If you're bored, have a look at the list and start plugging the
holes. Note: Hot-list not available yet (we just haven't had time to
stick it on the web site)."

Having this for long on a web site of an open source project is just
like deliberately sending potential contributors away.

Generally, the scipy web site gives an impression of a project with
very little activity. This also turns potential users away.

By the way what are the plans for the site? Was it finally decided
that it will be moved to Trac? If yes, when?

I think, I would be interested in helping with the site organization.