[SciPy-dev] A stray pointer somwehere...

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Nov 3 14:23:35 CST 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I can consistently reproduce a segfault by doing the following at an
>interactive prompt (only newcore is installed, not full newscipy, current svn
>- rev 1429):
>
>import scipy
>scipy.test()
>scipy.test(10,10)
>scipy.test(10,10)
>scipy.test(10,10)
>scipy.test(10,10)
>scipy.test(10,10)
>
>Quit the interpreter -> segfault.
>
>This is on the Itanium2 boxes, icc build.

Can anybody else reproduce this or is it just on 64-bit boxes.  I can't
get the problem to show up on 32-bit box.

I suspect a reference count issue or an unitialized PyObject variable.
It might help if where the segfault is occurring is tracked down (since
you are running test(10,10) you should be able to see which tests are
failing.  Is the segfault happening in the same place all the time?

-Travis