[SciPy-dev] A stray pointer somwehere...

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Thu Nov 3 14:33:09 CST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Can anybody else reproduce this or is it just on 64-bit boxes.  I can't
> get the problem to show up on 32-bit box.
>
> I suspect a reference count issue or an unitialized PyObject variable.
> It might help if where the segfault is occurring is tracked down (since
> you are running test(10,10) you should be able to see which tests are
> failing.  Is the segfault happening in the same place all the time?
>
> -Travis

I can reproduce this error on my 32-bit Redhat box.  It occurs in the 17
th iteration of scipy.test(10,10) with the failure occurring at:

check_default_1 (scipy.base.type_check.test_type_check.test_mintypecode)
... ok
check_default_2 (scipy.base.type_check.test_type_check.test_mintypecode)
... ok
check_default_3 (scipy.base.type_check.test_type_check.test_mintypecode)
... ok
check_complex_bad
(scipy.base.type_check.test_type_check.test_nan_to_num) ... ok
check_complex_bad2
(scipy.base.type_check.test_type_check.test_nan_to_num) ... Segmentation
fault (core dumped)