[SciPy-dev] What code base to use?

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 8 22:52:49 CST 2005

Jonathan Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very pleased to see scipy consolidating the other numerical python
> modules.  I am hoping to check out the current development.  I am a
> little confused which subversion directory to take a look at?  What are
> the differences between the current branches?

If you want to follow current development, then you need to track the
following branches

http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy_core/branches/newcore/
http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/newscipy/

Install them in that order.

All of the other branches are carryovers from the old CVS. You can
safely ignore them.

Scipy dev's: what do you think about moving the current trunks into
branches (or tags) and making the "new" branches the trunks ASAP?

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter