[SciPy-dev] Some Feedback

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Thu Nov 10 00:37:40 CST 2005

    >> I think Trac is a good option.  I don't see too much of a
    >> drawback to having to register people manually given that
    >> nobody is really participating in the old www.scipy.org site,
    >> anyway.

    Robert> It also means that people can't submit bug reports without
    Robert> having Joe make an account for them. Or installing/testing
    Robert> the self-registration plugin.

That is inaccurate.  It is possible to allow for anonymous ticket
creation/modification (bug reports) whilst disabling anonymous wiki
edits/creates[1].  So, this is a non-issue, really.  The only concern
is one of wiki philosophy and the wiki not being editable by everyone.

cheers,
prabhu

[1] http://mail.enthought.com/pipermail/envisage-dev/2005-September/000712.html