[SciPy-dev] newcore atlas info on Gentoo

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 10 08:28:04 CST 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 12:09 pm, Stephen Walton wrote:
> Darren Dale wrote:
> >I was thinking that it would be good for scipy to use a site.cfg by
> > default.
>
> site.cfg does work.  I created a site.cfg in newcore/scipy/distutils
> containing
>
> [lapack_src]
> src_dirs=/home/swalton/src/LAPACK/SRC
>
> which is where, in fact, my LAPACK sources are. "python system_info.py"
> in this directory then correctly finds the sources.

Well, in my case, editing site.cfg alone does not work, because my fortran
blas libraries are named "blas" instead of "f77blas". system_info.py has
"f77blas" hardcoded in several places, which I have to change in order to
build scipy. I think system_info.py should be set up to respect the library
list in site.cfg.

Darren