[SciPy-dev] scipy_core revision 1456 segfaults on Solaris

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Nov 10 13:16:20 CST 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Revision 1456 of scipy_core causes a segfault running under Solaris in
>"Test count"  while running scipy.test(10,10).  However, this problem
>does NOT occur on my Redhat Enterprise 3 workstation.
>
>Test of pickling ... ok
>Test of put ... ok
>Test of take, transpose, inner, outer products ... ok
>Test various functions such as sin, cos. ... ok
>Test countSegmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi Chris,

Your tests are always very valuable.  I want to verify that you rebuit
the source tree before installing the new version: i.e.

rm -fr build/
python setup.py install

Also, just for good measure you should remove the old scipy directory
where it was previously installed, and any include/python/scipy
directories that may be lingering from old installs

I just want to make sure this is a real problem.  I'll track it down if
it is.

-Travis