[SciPy-dev] Freeze Thursday at 5:00pm until further notice

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Nov 10 13:31:46 CST 2005

Jonathan Taylor wrote:

>Hi Travis,
>
>If we go to trac, it would probabally be useful to have scipy and
>scipy_core in the same repository.  If so, then 5:00 might be the best
>time to put both in the same repository.  We would also get the benefit
>of being able to svn mv ad svn cp files from scipy_core to scipy and
>vice versa.  Maybe I am not understanding a good reason for their
>seperation though?

They are in separate repositories because scipy core is the replacement
for Numeric only.   Several people don't like the monolithic nature of
scipy.   We want to alleviate their concerns by having scipy core as a
separate project.

I think we should have two trac pages.  One for the core, and one for
the rest.

So, I don't think we will be joining them under the same repository any
time soon.

-Travis