[SciPy-dev] newcore atlas info on Gentoo

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 11 15:08:49 CST 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 03:16 pm, Stephen Walton wrote:
> Darren Dale wrote:
> >Well, in my case, editing site.cfg alone does not work, because my fortran
> >blas libraries are named "blas" instead of "f77blas". system_info.py has
> >"f77blas" hardcoded in several places...
>
> Only in the parts related to ATLAS, because the ATLAS-generated BLAS
> libraries are named this.

The gentoo-science group has set up the math library ebuilds to create
symlinks in /usr/lib, which can be changed to point to different external
libraries (the blas libraries created by the blas-atlas ebuild are located
at /usr/lib/blas/atlas/libblas.*). The thinking is that one could easily
switch from using ATLAS to ACML, for example. site.cfg offers an opportunity
to override the names of the ATLAS libraries, but I maybe this is misleading:

# For overriding the names of the atlas libraries:
atlas_libs = lapack, blas, cblas, atlas

Darren