[SciPy-dev] Some Feedback

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at utoronto.ca
Sun Nov 13 14:31:53 CST 2005

Hey there,

I have not used that setup before but I can describe how Joe could set up
a scipy trac with wiki editing disconnected from svn access.

The initial setup for a root user would be:

1. Install the trac module... maybe via apt-get install trac

2. Create the scipy instance

trac-admin /var/trac/scipy initenv

3. Install mod python.

4. In the apache config load the mod python module:

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

5. In the apache config set up a place for the trac

<Location "/">
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "scipy"
  AuthUserFile /var/trac/scipy/.htaccess
  Require valid-user
</Location>

6. Create the .htaccess file

touch /var/trac/scipy/.htaccess

7. Then assuming your user name is perez, Joe could then leave adding
users up to you by:

chown perez /var/trac/scipy/.htaccess

At this point you can easily add users using your own user account via:

htpasswd /var/trac/scipy/.htaccess username password

Cheers,
Jon.