[SciPy-dev] Problems with writing files and windows binary of scipy core on 2.4

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:44:12 CST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> The only problem is that on Python2.3 you should not link against
> msvcr71, otherwise you get segfaults.  It all depends what Python was
> linked against I suppose.   I can see how to fix this for the
> mingw32ccompiler.py file, but what about the gcc specs file -- will it
> matter?

WRT mingw32ccompily.py, I think we should simply avoid overriding
self.dll_libraries at all. I believe that distutils' defaults are set
appropriately in 2.3 and 2.4 if the specs file is correct.

Fixing the specs file seemed to be instrumental in the "begging for
binaries" thread. One might be able to futz around with gcc command line
options to override that part of the specs file, but I haven't delved
through that part of the gcc manual in a looong time.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter