[SciPy-dev] MoinMoin demo site online
kamrik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 02:39:38 CST 2005
I also like the site.
* ACL config: I think some AdminGroup should be added with admin
right. Since, as far as I understand, only people with admin right can
put ACLs on pages which didn't have ACL before.
* It might be useful to give revert right to all known users, this
way any effects of vandalism can be eliminated significantly faster
(The wiki effect). Reverts are also tracked in the change list, so one
can revert a revert. From this point of view reverts are no more
dangerous than edits Are there any potential dangers to revert right
taht I've missed?
* Minor, but. The page names on the navi_bar should probably begin
with capital letters.
* I would also add FAQ and something like "Developers area" or
"Development" to the navi_bar.
* Maybe a link like "Contribute" or "Getting involved" can be useful
on the navibar to attract more volunteers.
* The skins. I personally like the sidebar themes in Moin because
then the text field is narrower and easier to read. Pthon Wiki
http://wiki.python.org/moin/ uses Moin with side bar at the left.
Here http://www.weizmann.ac.il/student-wiki/FrontPage is an example of
the right side bar theme (one of the themes in default Moin install).
Crossposted here and at http://astraw.com/scipy/moin.fcg/ScipyPublicFaceTest
On 11/14/05, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Andrew Straw wrote:
> > OK, I've set up a demo site:
> > http://astraw.com/scipy
> I like it!
> Another point which I find very good is that
> restructured text (ReSt, http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html)
> can be used as well.
> Best, Arnd
> Scipy-dev mailing list
> Scipy-dev at scipy.net
More information about the Scipy-dev