[SciPy-dev] Wierd error with scipy and VTK

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Sun Nov 20 22:24:35 CST 2005

Hi,

If I merely import scipy (newcore built last night from SVN) and run
any trivial VTK script, I get a "Floating point exception" and a crash
(this is under Debian Sarge on an i386).  I ran the script under gdb
and everything works!  I've attached the script, which is basically an
example lifted straight from the VTK examples and just added an
"import scipy" at the beginning and get the crash.

I haven't had the chance to look at this at any depth but maybe
someone else has seen this before.

cheers,
prabhu