[SciPy-dev] problem with linalg.cholesky?

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Tue Nov 29 17:11:00 CST 2005

Andrew Jaffe wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>One more data point: in addition to my problems on OS X, someone else
>has the same issue on Win XP... So it's not OS-specific, but it does
>occur only for some installations.

Did they build their own version, or use the provided binary (which
links to the version of ATLAS that I have)?   I strongly suspect the
BLAS/LAPACK library, but I could be wrong.  I'd like to figure out what
the problem here is so anybody else with the problem should chime in and
give their experience.

-Travis