[SciPy-dev] scipy.base passing tests

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 4 09:17:20 CDT 2005

In my working copy, all of the tests for scipy.base pass. Except for the
ones that don't. Before checking my stuff in, I want to get some
feedback on these:

* test_shape_base.test_apply_along_axis causes a segfault due to the
put() on object arrays bug I posted about earlier. Personally, I've
commented out this testcase so I could run the others.

* test_type_check.test_mintypecode has a few cases using savespace.
That's obsolete now, but I'm not sure if there's new functionality we
should test in its place.

* Various tests in test_type_check want to divide scalar arrays by 0 to
make nans and infs. This fails with a ZeroDivisionError. E.g.

ERROR: check_complex1 (scipy.base.type_check.test_type_check.test_isfinite)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Users/kern/svk-projects/scipy_core/scipy/base/tests/test_type_check.py",
line 162, in check_complex1
    assert_all(isfinite(array(1+1j)/0.) == 0)
ZeroDivisionError: complex division

I'm not sure whether this is desired behavior, or the scalar array types
should be modified to treat division by 0 like other arrays.

I also occasionally get a bus error when exiting the process. I have no
idea why.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu