[SciPy-dev] Proposal: scipy.sandbox

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 4 17:29:32 CDT 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> me too. In addition to cow and ga, also gui_thread, gplt, plt, xplt(?)
> should be moved under sandbox.

IMO, gui_thread, gplt, and plt should simply be retired. They're not
just succumbing to bitrot; they don't really have a reason to exist anymore.

xplt still has some fans, though, and if they are going to step up to
support it, then scipy.sandbox is a good a place as any until it finds a
separate home. I *don't* want it to migrate back alongside linalg,
special, etc. like I hope cow and ga will.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter