[SciPy-dev] More bugs fixed

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 7 02:40:27 CDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:

>Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>This is just to let people know that I found and fixed the problem that
>>was causing segfaults in vectorize.
>>

>Excellent! I no longer get segfaults or bus errors on my machine. Thank you.
>
>On an unrelated note, I would like to propose that we get rid of
>scipy.stats in scipy_core.

Hmm.  I suppose we could do that.   But, it seems wrong to relegate your
nice mtrand package to a library only.  It makes it seem much more
vulgar and
low-level than it is (It's a very, very nice contribution to scipy core).

It's a minor issue, admitedly, but is there someway we could alias it to
something else,
so that scipy core only users won't have to say

import scipy.lib.mtrand

I'd like to have a name on the same level as fftpack, linalg, etc.

Perhaps scipy.random?

-Travis