[SciPy-dev] More bugs fixed

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Fri Oct 7 11:00:51 CDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:

>I *would* prefer that the modules under scipy_core be separate from the
>modules in scipy proper.

I am a bit muddled by this thread.  Right now, scipy.stats is not in
scipy_core, but in scipy proper (and newscipy).  Robert had said earlier
he wanted scipy.stats removed from scipy_core;  does he mean that
scipy.stats was formerly intended to move from scipy to scipy_core, and
he no longer wants this to happen?  At this point I want to put in a
good word for scipy.stats.ppcc_plot, ppcc_max, and their cousins.

What is the consensus about which packages from scipy move to the core?
I take it that

Perhaps the main cause of my muddle-ment is whether we're talking about
scipy_core and scipy SVN trunks or the newscipy and newcore branches at
any given moment.  I see a bunch of new stuff in the newscipy sandbox now.

>At the moment, I have scipy_core and scipy
>built as separate eggs with proper namespace package support.

Eggs sounds like a really nice technology.  How do we feel about making
it the default way to distribute prebuilt scipy binaries?