[SciPy-dev] More bugs fixed

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Fri Oct 7 14:38:40 CDT 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Robert Kern wrote:

>>corefft, corelinalg? So as to beat the user over the head with the fact
>>that this stuff is just the basics; the good stuff is in the full scipy.
>
> core.fft, core.linalg? So that scipy tree will be cleaner.

I think the presence of a scipy.core (which definitely isn't synonymous
with scipy_core) might further confuse our already-belabored
constellation of similar names floating around. But I like stuffing them
into one subpackage. Since the extensions live in scipy.lib, you could
just copy the Python files from scipy.fftpack and scipy.linalg over to
the new directory, rename the __init__.py's to fft.py and linalg.py, and
add an empty __init__.py.

scipy.simple?

scipy.compat?

scipy.oh_go_ahead_just_install_the_full_package_already_you_know_you_want_to?

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter