[SciPy-dev] More bugs fixed

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 7 15:06:42 CDT 2005

Jonathan Guyer wrote:

>On Oct 7, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>I have to admit that
>>
>>scipy.oh_go_ahead_just_install_the_full_package_already_you_know_you_wa
>>nt_to
>>
>>is a close second.
>>

>Can I put in a vote for camelCase?

Do you mean camelCase for package or module names?

According to the usage pattern of scipy (as far as I understand it),
camelCase is used only for class definitions.

Packages are usually lower case.  And if there is a need for an
underscore we are moving towards subpackages in those cases.

Thus scipy_base --> scipy.base
         scipy_distutils --> scipy.distutils
         scipy_test  --> scipy.test

-Travis