[SciPy-dev] Cannot build scipy_core (newcore) on Solaris 8

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 7 15:27:23 CDT 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am currently trying to build scipy_core on a Solaris 8 system using
> the native Sun Compilers (Sun Workshop Release 6 update 2).  I have
> always had difficulty with Numeric3 building on Solaris because of the
> C99 library functions.  However, I was able to get around that by
> commenting out tests for those functions in the the setup.py file
> (thank you Travis for that hint).  Unfortunately, my standard bag of
> tricks is no longer working and I am unable to get scipy_core to build
> at all.  I would appreciate and tips folks could give.  I'm attaching
> the log file from by recent build attempt for reference.
>
> Thank you for your time and help,

Could you send your config.h file  (it should be in
build/src/scipy/base).  The defines in that file play an important role
in determining the compilation.

It may be incorrect.

There are a couple of strategies.   If we can jerry-rig the config.h
file to work for your installation (I'm not sure exactly how to "turn
off config.h" generation though), then we can narrow down the problem to
creating a proper config.h file.  If we can't get a config.h file that
works for your system, then our problem is deeper and we need to add
more defines to the code.

Thanks for your help.

-Travis