[SciPy-dev] More bugs fixed

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Oct 7 15:56:08 CDT 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> I like scipy.basic
>
> So, how about
>
> scipy.basic.fft
> scipy.basic.linalg
> scipy.basic.random
>
> as all python modules under the basic package.

Just to clarify (sorry, but I'm a bit dizzy from the current naming blizzard):
for those of us who install/use the full scipy, scipy.{fft,linalg,random,...}
would continue to exist, correct?  Or would they instead be found as
scipy.lib.{fft,...}?

> I have to admit that
>
> scipy.oh_go_ahead_just_install_the_full_package_already_you_know_you_want_to
>
> is a close second.

It would certainly serve as encouragement for people to install the full
scipy, so perhaps we shouldn't dismiss it so lightly ;)

Cheers,