[SciPy-dev] More bugs fixed

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Fri Oct 7 16:02:56 CDT 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:

>Just to clarify (sorry, but I'm a bit dizzy from the current naming blizzard):
>for those of us who install/use the full scipy, scipy.{fft,linalg,random,...}
>would continue to exist, correct?  Or would they instead be found as
>scipy.lib.{fft,...}?

I would vote for them still being found as scipy.{fft,linalg,...}.  To
me, scipy.lib.something implies that all that's there is a library, not
a set of tools for doing "something."  I personally think the primary
goal here is to have basic stable tools which are always there, so that
someone developing a third party package for scipy can depend on them.
This may not be the case for the rest of scipy.