[SciPy-dev] `newcore` on opteron

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Oct 8 05:20:02 CDT 2005

Hi Travis,

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Did I mention that you should keep trying.  Your build error logs are
> the best thing...

Glad that I can help!

I have automated the testing a bit by using a script
(in particular, because over the week-end I only have modem
access).

Currently it does not build for me:

scipy/base/src/arrayobject.c:6632: warning: format %d expects type int,
but argument 4 has type intp
In file included from scipy/base/src/arrayobject.c:566,
                 from scipy/base/src/multiarraymodule.c:44:
build/src/scipy/base/src/scalartypes.inc: In function
initialize_numeric_types:
build/src/scipy/base/src/scalartypes.inc:4001: error:
longlong_arrtype_hash undeclared (first use in this function)
build/src/scipy/base/src/scalartypes.inc:4001: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
build/src/scipy/base/src/scalartypes.inc:4001: error: for each function it
appears in.)
In file included from scipy/base/src/multiarraymodule.c:44:
scipy/base/src/arrayobject.c: In function PyArray_RegisterDescrForType:

Note that this is with
  gcc version 4.0.2 20050826 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)
So if we think that this is a bit unsafe (personally
I am always a bit sceptical about rushing for the latest stuff as they
do - I grew up in a debian world...;-)
((the special characters above are because of SUSEs gcc, I think)).

I send you build_1_log.zip off-list.

Best,

Arnd