[SciPy-dev] Segmentation fault

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Sat Oct 15 03:45:24 CDT 2005

Thanks for the bug reports. I just enabled building newscipy against
newcore as well as importing scipy packages from scipy/__init__.py. After
that I also observed these segfaults. It seems that they occur while
importing or using scipy.f2py built extension modules. I don't know yet
what exactly is causing these segfaults, few weeks ago scipy.f2py seemed
to work fine with new scipy.base..

Pearu

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Nils Wagner wrote:

> Here comes a full debug report
> '0.4.3.1292'

> Importing io to scipy
> Importing special to scipy
> Importing utils to scipy
> Importing interpolate to scipy
> Importing optimize to scipy
> Importing linalg to scipy

> [Switching to Thread 1076102528 (LWP 16250)]
> 0x40ca152b in PyFortranObject_New (defs=0x0, init=0) at
> build/src/fortranobject.c:41
> 41              v =
> PyArray_FromDimsAndData(fp->defs[i].rank,
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x40ca152b in PyFortranObject_New (defs=0x0, init=0)
> at build/src/fortranobject.c:41
<snip>