[SciPy-dev] missing Lib/__init__.py in newscipy?

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Wed Oct 19 02:26:42 CDT 2005

> Hi Pearu,
>
> I must be doing something wrong here. I deleted my old scipy and Numeric
> directories from site-packages, then I checked out from svn:
>
> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy_core/branches/newcore/
> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/newscipy/
>
> Then I copied site.cfg to newcore/scipy/distutils, built and installed
> newcore. At this point, I run test(1,0) and get the three errors related to
> signbit which I reported earlier. Next I built and installed newscipy, and
> when I try to import scipy:
>
> In [1]: from scipy import *
> Importing io to scipy
> Importing special to scipy
> Segmentation fault

same for me on Gentoo Linux after a complete reinstall:

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy_core/branches/newcore/
cd newcore
python setup.py install --root=/home/share/software

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/newscipy/
cd newscipy
python setup.py install --root=/home/share/software

In [1]:import scipy
Importing io to scipy
Importing special to scipy
Segmentation fault (SIGSEGV)