[SciPy-dev] scipy_core Solaris Build: Good and Bad News

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Thu Oct 20 13:20:57 CDT 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> O.K. we are making progress.   Does your config.h file
> contain HAVE_ISNAN?

The config.h file does conatin HAVE_ISNAN.  For reference, the file
contents are:
/* #define SIZEOF_SHORT 2 */
/* #define SIZEOF_INT 4 */
/* #define SIZEOF_LONG 4 */
/* #define SIZEOF_FLOAT 4 */
/* #define SIZEOF_DOUBLE 8 */
#define SIZEOF_LONG_DOUBLE 16
#define SIZEOF_PY_INTPTR_T 4
/* #define SIZEOF_LONG_LONG 8 */
#define SIZEOF_PY_LONG_LONG 8
/* #define CHAR_BIT 8 */
#define MATHLIB m
#define HAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC
#define HAVE_ISNAN

> We are assuming that if you have the isnan function, then you have the
> isinf function as well.   Can you check on your system to see if that is
> the case?  Try man isinf   and man isnan from the command line.   Or do
> a google search on your platform type or check your system documentation

The isinf as well as the isnan function are installed on this version of
Solaris.

I have also just rebuilt using gcc 4.0.1 and receive the same error on
import.

Chris

--
Christopher Hanley