[SciPy-dev] scipy_core Solaris Build: Good and Bad News

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 21 00:16:44 CDT 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

>Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>O.K. we are making progress.   Does your config.h file
>>contain HAVE_ISNAN?
>>

>The config.h file does conatin HAVE_ISNAN.  For reference, the file
>contents are:
>/* #define SIZEOF_SHORT 2 */
>/* #define SIZEOF_INT 4 */
>/* #define SIZEOF_LONG 4 */
>/* #define SIZEOF_FLOAT 4 */
>/* #define SIZEOF_DOUBLE 8 */
>#define SIZEOF_LONG_DOUBLE 16
>#define SIZEOF_PY_INTPTR_T 4
>/* #define SIZEOF_LONG_LONG 8 */
>#define SIZEOF_PY_LONG_LONG 8
>/* #define CHAR_BIT 8 */
>#define MATHLIB m
>#define HAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC
>#define HAVE_ISNAN
>

>The isinf as well as the isnan function are installed on this version of
>Solaris.

If they are installed, then they are not being linked apparently.  Are
there special command switches that must be used to link isinf on that
system?

This appears that isinf is being found and linked against correctly at
configure time, but not at build time.  I don't know why.

Since HAVE_ISNAN is defined, the system does not define a separate isinf
command (which it would if HAVE_ISNAN where not defined).  What happens
if you comment out the #define HAVE_ISNAN?

-Travis